We may think that our financial resources are our own. But consider Jesus’ parable of the servants who received different amounts of money/talents to manage while the master was away (Matthew 25:14-30).
We can invest wisely like the first two servants — or like the third, out of fear we can hide what we have been given.
When we recall that the benefits made possible by our dollars are all gifts from God, we see that the funds belong to God too. We are the stewards; God is the owner.*
Ways to give
· A. Online Giving — Just a few clicks let you meet your stewardship using the convenience of your checking or savings account, or credit/debit card.
· B. Pledge Covenant — Promise to “tithe” (give 10% of your earnings). Or promise to regularly give whatever amount you can. Increase last year’s commitment by 1% or a dollar-amount “step” of your choice. Print the form, fill it out and mail it to: Cumberland United Methodist Church; 163 S. Coit St.; Florence, SC 29501-4419.
· C. Memorial Walkway Brick — Click this link to learn how to purchase a brick engraved in honor or memory of someone.
· D. Sunday Service DVD — View the sights and sounds of any Sunday’s service (including our 150th Anniversary). Choir performances, prayers, Passing of the Peace, the responsive reading, the sermon, church announcements, and special presentations. Relive a service, catch what you missed, or give a DVD to bring hope. $10 ea.
· E. Cumberland History Book — 78-page spiral-bound volume details Cumberland’s origins (including reproductions of original deeds) and how we got our name. Fully illustrated with photos of the church through the years, parsonages, properties, pastors, and our recent rebuild. Compiled by Betty Young Ward, church historian. $25.
· F. Consecration Service DVD — The 2010 dedication of the new sanctuary, from prelude to recessional. See the Combined and Children’s choirs, Praise Dancers, sermon by Bishop Mary Virginia Taylor, the Consecration, hymns and prayers. $10
· G. Christmas Tree Ornament — A flat brass rendering of Cumberland with “Christmas” arched across the top and the church’s name and founding year etched in a banner at the bottom. Finished in 24-kt gold. 3”x3-1/4” and has hanger string. $15
· H. Persons for whom Cumberland was an integral part of growing up can give in tribute to the spiritual direction, outreach and friendship the church provided.
· I. Friends and former members can give if they share our vision for a church that is aesthetically pleasing, easily accessible and spiritually focusing for music, scripture and fellowship.